Join the Revolutionary World of Synthetic Biology Research – Synthetic Biology Jobs
All G Foods is a disruptive biotechnology company based in Sydney, Australia. At the heart of our mission lies the fusion of nature and science, driven by the desire to offer precision fermentation dairy products that are as familiar as they are sustainable. What sets us apart? No animals are involved, no additional land is required, and we are firmly committed to conserving water. Apply online for the Synthetic Biology Jobs below.
Job role – Synthetic Biology Research Assistant (JOB-085031)
Location: Waterloo, Australia
Overview of the Role
In this multifaceted role, you will assist in a variety of research and laboratory upkeep activities. Additionally, you will play a key role in assisting with biofoundry equipment maintenance, sample collection, general quality control, and consumable and reagent preparation. Your laboratory experience includes aseptic microbiology culturing techniques and familiarity with molecular biology methodologies and equipment. You will have the exciting opportunity to work with the custom biofoundry in our state-of-the-art precision fermentation lab, where you will operate within a fast-paced, high-throughput biotech environment empowered by robotics.
You possess a collaborative mindset, thriving in innovative work environments. Your innate problem-solving abilities are a cornerstone of your professional identity, allowing you to confront challenges within high-pressure scenarios and work under tight deadlines. You are a mission-driven, change-maker with a genuine passion for environmental sustainability, and you want to join a company that is not only reshaping the food industry but is wholeheartedly committed to making a profound impact on humanity.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance and operation of AllG Foods’ strain construction and analysis foundry.
- Work with the wider R&D team in assisting with experimentation preparation; including strain inoculation, media preparation, and machine operation.
- Maintain and ensure the proper functioning of microbiology and analytical equipment, as well as manage laboratory consumable stocks.
- Contribute to laboratory bookkeeping, SOP writing, and the upkeep of comprehensive logs for strain libraries and reagent stocks when required.
- Collect research data, enter and organize it using appropriate statistical software, and assist in the preparation of statistical analyses and reports as needed.
- Work closely with the Research Manager and the rest of the R&D team to ensure compliance with relevant ethics protocols and assist in lodging ethics applications when necessary.
- Provide research support to the team by undertaking appropriate research procedures and tasks aligned with the role’s key accountabilities.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and other activities as required to support the business’s evolving needs.
- Your role will be integral to advancing our research initiatives, ensuring smooth laboratory operations, and the general laboratory automation implementation.
Essential skills and education:
- BSc (Hons) in synthetic biology, molecular biology, microbiology, or another related field.
- 1+ years of laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience working with liquid handling robots.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and forever changing environment.
- You are a fast learner, well-organized, and keen to gain experience in laboratory automation.
- Working understanding of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation, including Safe Laboratory Practices, as applicable to the work environment.
Desirable but not essential:
- Familiar with bacterial or yeast molecular biology.
- Have experience with liquid handling robot calibration and liquid transfer protocol optimization.