Thermo fisher Biochemistry Production Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Thermo fisher Biochemistry Production Thermo fisher job opening 2020. Thermo Fishers Biotech Jobs 2020. Biology, Biochemistry, life science candidates are invited for the post of a scientist. Production Scientist post vacancy at Thermo fisher scientific. Interested candidates check out all the details below:
Thermofisher Biochemistry Production Scientist
Job Title: Production Scientist 1, Biochemistry
Location Rockford, Illinois, US
Job ID: 142330BR
The Production I, Biochemist is a manufacturing laboratory position. All work is conducted with an emphasis on safety and within the guidelines and requirements of ISO and 5S / Lean standards. This position requires working efficiently and effectively to achieve goals relative to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. The Production Scientist will often work under the guidance of senior personnel.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies
- Accurately perform the following tasks with adherence to all relevant work instructions (batch records, standard work instructions, SOPs, etc.)
Protein isolation and purification
- Column chromatography (size exclusion, ion exchange, affinity)
- Base Chromatography resin modifications
- Protein modification (Biotinylations, cross-linking, conjugations)
- Aseptic handling techniques
- Protein expression in bacterial systems with downstream purification
- Fluorescent labeling of proteins
- UV / VIS Spectrophotometry
- Tissue and cell culture
- Molecular Biology techniques
- Dilutions and quantification of proteins via BCA or Coomassie assay
- Large-scale buffer preparation
- Autoclaving of labware and liquids
- Set up / take down of labware
- Glassware cleaning and prepping
- General housekeeping and organization to sustain and improve Safety and 5S
- Maintain detailed documentation in support of ISO requirements
Complete metrology work orders as assigned
- Participate on teams (New Product Development, Continuous Improvement, etc.)
Other projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry / Biological Sciences, or other Life science emphasis
- Demonstrate general hands-on lab skills as would be acquired in a 4-year Bachelors level science degree
- Understand safe lab practices and GLP concepts
- Understanding of molar theory and math skills to perform common laboratory job functions
- Able to think analytically and understand experimental design when explained
- Experience with independent undergraduate/graduate research is a plus
- An understanding and/or experience in the following areas is helpful but all are not required: FPLC, ELISA, Western blotting, Organic Chemistry, Working with animal serums and ascites, Manufacturing/Operations.
Physical Demands: Ability to routinely lift 50-60 lbs, loading reaction vessels, and mixing crocks, drum handling, large scale solids handling, filtration and centrifugation, set-up and use of large scale (22, and 50 liters) glass apparatus, moderately heavy equipment use, such as drum carts, gas cylinders, balances and filled carboys.
Hazardous Waste Generation/Management: Associates in this position may as part of their job activities generate or manage hazardous waste as defined by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Individuals in this position are required to receive initial hazardous waste training within the first 30 working days of the assignment.
The initial waste training shall include but not be limited to the following general categories: Identifying hazardous and solid waste, hazardous waste management, recycling, treatment and disposal, emergency preparedness, record keeping, pollution prevention and waste reduction. Following initial training, the Associate in this position will receive annual refresher training in the same topic field as listed above. The associate should be comfortable working frequently with organics, including flammable solvents, strong acids bases, potential biohazards (including raw animal serums), large scale bacterial cultures, and hazardous chemicals.