Thermo Fisher Scientific Biological Science Lab Technician Vacancy
Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Job Title: Lab Technician I
Location Rockville, Maryland, US
Job ID: 208927BR
- BS in a Biological Science preferred.
- 1 yr of previous laboratory experience required (academic or professional).
Specialized Knowledge /Skills:
- Prefer experience working with human blood and blood products.
- Prefer knowledge of good aseptic techniques.
- Must have the flexibility to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have and be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of LIMS and Good Laboratory Practices preferred.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Participation in the Hepatitis B vaccination program.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime
- Use of Nitrile Gloves and other Person Protective Equipment
- Process and handle materials are frozen on dry ice (-78°C) or liquid nitrogen (-195°C) for up to 6 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, inhalation of dust and fumes, marked changes in temperature
The Laboratory Technician will assist in manual and automated laboratory processing of biological materials, including aliquoting and sample preparation. Tuesday-Saturday shift.
- Prepares aliquots of samples and other laboratory procedures
- Communicates with a supervisor about any sample discrepancies found, and aids in resolving them.
- Receives, processes, and stores biological specimens using a variety of database applications.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Biological