Thermo Fisher Scientific Lab Assistant Vacancy – Biology Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Location Middletown, Virginia, US
Job ID: 189125BR
- High School diploma
- Working towards obtaining Associates’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, and Medical
- Technology or related field a plus.
- Experience in a similar role a plus.
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and automated laboratory equipment.
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
- Normal laboratory/office environment.
- Position may require frequent communication and walk to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- The position will require sitting and standing.
- Employees may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience in one or more of the following: Analytical Chemistry, Immunoassay,
- Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology, or Clinical Chemistry.
- Ability to organize work effectively to meet scheduling commitments.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with limited assistance.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime
- Ability to interact with all departments and occasional contact with outside sources
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
Performs duties in assistance to laboratory analysis on products for the purpose of:
Releasing product Assessing stability Affecting raw material release Supporting other technical service groups
- Manage testing material inventory levels and organization
- Order supplies and materials required for Lab testing and analysis. Manages the ordering process through order management tools.
- Assists Lab Analysts in maintaining instrumentation/equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s labeling and in-house audit and calibration procedures.
- Performs 5S activities to ensure laboratory environment remains organized and clean
- Maintains records and logs in accordance with procedures and GMP.
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area supporting 5S
- Document review and release
Other laboratory functions as deemed necessary to support the business needs of the company.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Lab