Life Sciences Quality Control Intern Recruitment at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Life Sciences Quality Control Intern Recruitment at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Whether they are improving life for patients, protecting our global climate or keeping people safe, our customers look to Thermo Fisher Scientific for innovative solutions. Products and services sold under the following Thermo Fisher brands enable customers to push science and technology a step beyond.
Quality Control Intern
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts, US
Job Id: 174400BR
Location/Division Specific Information
The BioProduction Division is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company, supporting developers and manufacturers of biological-based therapeutics and vaccines. With our portfolio of outstanding products that span the bioprocessing workflow from discovery through large-scale commercial production, our business is driving performance in bioprocessing through collaboration with our customers.
How will you make an impact?
Our POROS resin product line is undergoing significant test method and instrumentation optimization in parallel with an overline production expansion. In this role, the QC intern will be supporting test method validation including collecting and performing statistical analysis and equipment validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, & Performance Qualification). Instrumentation includes Coulter particle size analyzers, Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy, refractometers, and wet chemistry techniques
What will you do?
- Working directly with experienced technicians and scientist on testing to support instrument optimization and validation processes.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and trending analytical data to present to the team to devise strategies to improve instrument techniques and usage.
- Participate in the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) program for the site helping implement more robust processes and supporting the establishment of redundant systems
How will you get here?
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a bachelor’s degree in a life science or related engineering field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Read, understand and follow written procedures exactly
- Ability to meet objectives in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and with good attention to detail.