Unilever Associate Food Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Unilever Food Scientist Recruitment Unilever R&D is looking for a talented Product Developer based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. As a member of the R&D team, you will support product development-related work streams for on time and in full delivery of regional innovation, renovation, quality improvement, and cost optimization projects. As an Associate Food Scientist in the Ice Cream R&D Programme, you will support specific technical deliverables that are part of different projects run by Technical Project Leaders (TPL) within a broader R&D team.
Job Title: Associate Food Scientist – Ice Cream
Location 800 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632, United States Of America
Req ID: R-11496
- Bachelors Degree required; in Food Science a plus!
- 1+ years of relevant product development experience including internships
- Experience operating in regulations (such as FDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as well as Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Possess basic technical knowledge of ingredient functionality, processing, nutrition, and legislation in foods a plus
- SAP (Product Lifecycle Management), and other related specification systems is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills within cross-functional teams and with outside customers.
- Lead and deliver benchtop product development for innovation or renovation projects based on product brief from TPLs.
- Lead and deliver benchtop product optimization, new ingredients or ingredients from new suppliers screening and validation for quality and value improvement projects.
- Perform, when required, pilot plant trials and all analytical and sensory evaluations of the samples
- Weigh out and batch formulations for pilot plant runs/product bench optimizations/samples preparation for showings/cuttings including ingredient organization and inventory management and logistics, interfacing with suppliers to order ingredients where necessary.
- Perform inventory management and logistics of product samples (pilot plant produced or delivered from factories), manage product disposals and ship samples to other Unilever sites globally.
- Conduct product showings/cuttings with cross-functional teams including the culinary team and CTI.
- Interpret analytical, testing & showings results and suggest scientifically sound next steps (with appropriate assistance and support).
- Lead the process of specification creation in SAP PLM from the request to the approved status and create specifications for all new ingredients and new products to be launch.
- Lead the delivery of Third Party Manufacturing Manual for outsourced product launches. Participate in factory trials for commercialization when required. Identify improved ways of working and simplified processes.
You’re a dot connector: The position works in conjunction with broader R&D teams including Process Engineers, Packaging Engineers, CTI (Consumer Technical Insights), Microbiology, Material Experts, Data & Digital, Nutrition, Label Compliance and Technical Project Leaders (TPLs).
You love to win, and have fun doing it: The position also requires external (raw material suppliers) and international (Global Design and Global Discover Teams) communication.
You’re a storyteller: The position requires adapting technical information to communicate results with other cross-functional team members including marketing, planning, procurement, customer development as well as others.
You’re a paradox navigator: The position requires the application of technical knowledge and scientific methodologies including benchtop formulation, experimental design, analytical methods, statistical procedures as well as data analysis.
Unilever Associate Food Scientist