Unilever Biology Scientist Post Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Scientist – Skin Care
Job ID: R-19239
Location: Trumbull, CT
What You’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Chemistry, Biology, or Chemical Engineering
2+ years of experience in product development or formulation strongly preferred
- Flexibility and open-mindedness in achieving objectives is required
- Works well in teams and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others
- Strong technical, problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Time management skills to coordinate multiple work streams
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Lead and deliver benchtop product development for innovation or renovation projects based on product briefs from TPLs. Lead and deliver benchtop product optimization, new ingredients or ingredients from new suppliers screening and validation for quality and value improvement projects.
- Interact with processing, packaging, consumer, and clinical groups to design technologies that meet consumer needs and to ensure the flawless transfer and execution of innovations.
- Formulate on the bench, support consumer testing, clinical testing, scale-up, Safety/regulatory/patent clearance, along with recipe and specification creation.
- Contribute in designing consumer testing protocols, and producing consumer test samples in support of consumer research needs.
- Perform, when required, pilot plant trials and all analytical and sensory evaluations of the samples.
- Weigh out and batch formulations for pilot plant run/product bench optimizations/samples preparation for showings/cuttings including ingredient organization and inventory management and logistics (FIFO), interfacing with suppliers to order ingredients where necessary.
- Perform inventory management and logistics of product samples (pilot plant produced or delivered from factories), manage products disposals, and ship samples to other Unilever sites globally.
- Troubleshoot production batch out of spec situations, understand the role of chemical and physical analysis as a troubleshooting tool, and demonstrate the ability to apply as needed.
- Conduct product demonstrations with cross-functional teams including CTI.
- Interpret analytical, testing & showings results and suggest scientifically sound next steps (with appropriate assistance and support).
- Lead the process of specification creation in SAP PLM from the request to the approved status and create specifications for all new ingredients and new products to be launch.
- Lead the delivery of third-party manufacturing Manual for outsourced product launches and participate in factory trials for commercialization when required.
- Operates according to procedures and ways of working in line with Unilever frameworks, standards, and adheres to all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules. policies (SHE, SEAC, etc), relevant regulations (i.e. FDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as well as Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of thisScientistpositionwill be to support Unileverskin carebrandsin North America and/or Globally. Activitieswill involvenew productdevelopmentand sourcingwhich create new opportunities for flexibility speed and savings.This position could also include responsibility foradapting existing formulas to meet the needs of North Americaor global markets. This will involve working with internal R&D teams– including among others consumer insight & claims, process engineering, and packaging -Procurement, Marketing, Brand and Supply Chainas well as external suppliers.
Unilever Biology Scientist Post