Unilever Food Scientist Recruitment 2021 – Candidates Apply Online
Unilever Food Scientist Recruitment Unilever R&D is looking for a talented Product Developer based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. As a member of the R&D team, you will be developing innovative plant-based meat alternative products for the exciting and ever-evolving food market. Whether that’s meeting the need for sustainable, healthy, delicious, guilt-free experiences, localizing a global offering, or bringing the world’s most exciting plant-based technologies to our North American market. In this journey at an exponential pace we are looking for a Senior Product Developer who has the passion to change the world.
Job Title: Food Scientist – Product Developer
Location 800 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632, United States Of America
Regular Req ID: R-07282
- Lead/support technical development (recipe, specifications) for plant-based products.
- Support R&D initiatives of innovation, quality, nutrition, cost savings, complexity reduction and sustainability by design.
- Works as a leader as well as a member of a cross-functional project team to deliver projects on time and in full.
- Works and interacts with culinary and supply chain teams supporting business need.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Lead/support technical delivery of projects through design and execution of test protocols and implementation of the various technical aspects of projects as required e.g. formulation development, prototypes, conducting shelf-life testing, and analytical testing. Ability to independently design products against technical briefs, safety requirements, design/execute pilot tests/trials.
- Lead the process of specification/label creation in SAP PLM from the request to the approved status; Be the material expert and lead creation of new specifications for new ingredients.
- Organize and participate in plant trials while providing formulation adjustment recommendations as needed to support innovation, quality, cost savings and complexity reduction initiatives.
- Support quality investigations using root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques as required for existing and new products.
- Support cost savings (VIP) initiatives and supply chain efficiency projects including the assessment of the feasibility of new ideas and troubleshooting activities where product formulation knowledge is essential.
- Present information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Carry out work for the support of product claims (KBS, Demos), risk management, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory
- Perform product and ingredient physical-chemical analyses according to needs & use of available digital tools & predictive models
- Mentor junior developers
- To support with technical information in case of need to protect technology/formulation IP.
- Analyze and interpret data with guidance on final conclusions.
- Demonstrate flexibility to manage multiple priorities.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Adapt to daily challenges and priority changes within a face paced business environment.
You’re a born leader: Pro-active self-direction with a high level of initiative and persistence and a very much hands-on approach to results delivery
You’re a dot connector: Ability to manage complex relationships and solve complex problems
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Passion for product development and extremely customer/consumer focus
You’re a changemaker: Ability to identify and address emerging issues as well as set and manage priorities and continuously improve processes and practices
You’re a culture & change champion: Comfort with multi-tasking and operating in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, and multi-cultural environment
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or equivalent degree required
3-5 years of experience in product development. Solid experience with plant-based ingredients leading formulation workstream, specification systems, knowledge/experience in texturized vegetable proteins and/or meat processing, and a good understanding of the Supply Chain.
Processing Engineering knowledge preferred.
No dietary or food allergy restrictions.
20-40% travel required.