Unilever Senior Scientist – Ice Cream – Food Science Job
Ice Cream is a fun, very innovative, competitive, and fast-paced category. Unilever’s Ice Cream Business Unit in North America looks after a strong portfolio of brands: Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum, Popsicle and Talenti.
Job Title: Senior Scientist – Ice Cream North America
Job ID: R-47256
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or equivalent degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in the food industry, preferably in product development
Technical / Project management
- Ability to independently execute projects with moderate to high complexity and coordinate R&D activities.
- Ability to develop, plan, conduct, and coordinate prototype development initiatives across multiple projects/tasks. Fully operational in use of ingredients, formulation, process, and product design principles.
- Fully operational in specification creation and approval and costing.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data with guidance on final conclusions
- Strong working knowledge of experimental design root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Good understanding of Supply Chain.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to construct trial/lab reports and presentation, including recommendations Ability to present information to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you’ll do:
– Execute agreed R&D activities to deliver the brand’s program, ranging from innovation, renovation, quality improvement and margin enhancement.
– Works as a member of a cross-functional project team to deliver projects on time in full.
– Independently design products against simple product briefs, design/execute test protocols for the various technical aspects of projects as required (e.g., prototype development and scale-up, shelf-life testing, analytical testing, etc.)
– Lead the process of specification/label creation in SAP PLM from the request to the approved status; Be the material expert and lead creation of new specifications for new ingredients.
Provide technical and product guidance
- Actively participate and/or represent R&D in Supply Chain and Marketing meetings.
- Assess feasibility of new ideas and troubleshoot activities where formulation knowledge is essential.
- support technical investigations using root-cause analysis and problem-solving techniques as required for existing and new products.
Establish and maintain internal and external working relationships
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with R&D, Supply Chain and marketing teams, customers, and key stakeholders.
Unilever Senior Scientist