Vacancy for BS Biochemistry
Exciting Opportunity in Rockville! Join a Cutting-Edge Biotech Company in a Revolutionary Research Role. Become a Vital Member of the Team and Contribute to Groundbreaking Discoveries. Your Biologist expertise is needed now! Don’t miss this chance to be at the forefront of scientific innovation.
We are a leading biotech company located in Rockville, MD. Our mission is to develop innovative solutions in the field of biotechnology to improve human health. With a team of dedicated researchers and scientists, we strive to make a positive impact on the healthcare industry. Join us in our mission to make a difference.
Job Title: Biologist
Company: Veear Projects
Location: Rockville, MD
- Execute downstream (purification) processes, under the oversight of the federal task leader, for recombinant proteins (including mAb and other immunoassay reagents) that may be used to support clinical vaccine candidate development or clinical trial analysis.
- Serve as a functional lead in the downstream processing of reagent materials supporting internal and external material requests.
- Responsible for set-up and execution of all downstream unit operations across a range of process scales to purify products to targeted purity specifications.
- Train team members in large-scale unit operations such as AxiChrom column packing and Pilot-scale chromatography execution.
- Work independently and collaboratively across the Downstream group, Cell Culture group, Technical Services, Analytical group, and VRC research to ensure reagent materials are produced in accordance with end-user specifications and with timely delivery.
- Purify research-phase recombinant proteins, virus vaccines, and/or virus-like particles in support of other groups at the VRC.
- Work to prepare necessary materials (buffers, packed columns, etc.) in support of downstream process activities.
- Perform protein/small molecule conjugation experiments to support biotinylation of select reagents, if warranted.
- Ensure proper documentation of transferred reagent materials through automated tracking systems and/or electronic archival systems.
- Author training documents, instrument SOPs, and other equipment supporting documentation.
- Author or review process documents to support toxicology lot production including batch records and process summary reports.
- Analyze and compile data, and present at various group/department meetings.
Experience Required / Requirements: Vacancy for BS Biochemistry
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in recombinant protein purification development for GMP clinical-phase products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrated expertise in the following techniques or tools for protein purification and characterization:
- Column chromatography for protein purification by AEX, CEX, affinity, SEC, and HIC.
- Column packing and testing.
- AKTA chromatography system.
- Lab scale TFF systems.
- Qualitative assays including SDS-PAGE and Western Blot.
- UV/vis spectrophotometer.
- Purification development experience for GMP products in biotech/pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Must be a team player who can effectively work with members from cross-functional departments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing and data evaluation.