Zoetis Internships 2021 – Bioinformatics Animal Genetics
Zoetis Internships 2021 – Bioinformatics Animal Genetics. At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance.
BIOINFORMATICS ANIMAL GENETICS INTERN
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Applications: November– February 2021
- Interviews: January – March 2021, on a rolling basis
- Offers: Late January – March 2021
- Internship: 40 hours/week for 10-13 weeks, typically May – August
The intern will join the Bioinformatics team and will be able to apply ‘omics technologies in domestic animals at VMRD. The intern will participate in data analysis utilizing novel techniques in computational biology to integrate Genomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics and microbiome data. Data collection, handling, analysis, storage and dissemination of results will be implemented for specific projects.
Internship Job Duties:
- Interact with bioinformaticians and veterinary experts working in health and performance in domestic species
- Collaborate in the curation, analysis and visualization of ‘omics data associated with complex diseases/traits
- Participate in regular project meetings and present results to collaborators from other areas
- Customize approaches in data mining and machine learning approaches to analyze ‘omics data
- Interact and collaborate with Animal genetics, Information Technology ITS, Global therapeutics and others across the company.
- Apply various data/computer science concepts to high dimensional data – to identify patterns and assist in building a novel hypothesis.
- Participate in regular project meetings and summarize results concisely to a various audience in the organization.
- Build systems biology models using data to predict complex diseases across a range of therapeutic areas.
- Studying Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Biological Sciences, Animal Genetics or related area.
- Must have a solid understanding of Computer science concepts, and some programming experience in at least one language. (Python preferred).
- Currently pursuing a degree at a university/Institution.
- Ability to think critically, extremely motivated, willing to learn and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving & analytical skills
Zoetis is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.