Zoetis Microbiology Intern 2021 – Apply Online
Zoetis Microbiology Intern 2021 – Apply Online. At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance.
Location: Charles City
Req ID: JR00007320
This intern will support, plan and conduct complex research projects, such as improving Environmental Monitoring, Aseptic Sterilization procedures and bringing new product lines to Charles City IA site. Increased responsibility with demonstrated use of lean tools and successful deliverables. Projects will all support the development of vaccines in the animal health industry.
Internship Job Duties:
- Environmental Monitoring project management: Read the Eudralex Volume 4 Annex 1 on how it pertains to Environmental monitoring, understand the current situation of testing technique, frequency, and effectiveness with team members. Once the opportunity is defined, the goal is to gather data with team members, analyze the data, make a hypothesis and then verify. Solutions will then be taken to the next steps of implementation and ongoing control.
- Aseptic Sterilization procedures: Learn about techniques, different area classifications and how best to manage excursions in the future.
- Bringing new product lines to Charles City: Partner with lead Mfg managers, understand the site restrictions and operational rules, and be given tasks as the project reveals itself to the site.
- A minimum of 2 years completed in a Microbiology Department
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proactive, creative, and results-oriented
- Passion for continuous learning
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Zoetis is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.