P&G Summer Internship 2021: Biochemistry & Microbiology Apply
SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP: B.S. BIOLOGICAL OR PHYSICAL SCIENTIST (BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, BIOCHEMISTRY, MICROBIOLOGY)
P&G Summer Internship Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an intern Associate Scientist in R&D, you may be involved in multiple stages of the product development process, from conception, through design, prototyping, and performance evaluation, creation, and development of learning plans, including presentation of the finished work.
- Healthcare is seeking candidates working toward their Bachelor’s Degree in the Biological or Physical Sciences. What will I do? Our R&D scientists are constantly learning, growing, and improving. In this role, you would be expected to find new ways to innovate and develop within your product development area. We are also a highly collaborative company, so you will need to work with others effectively, explain technical concepts and direction to others, but also incorporate feedback form others into your learning plan and research.
- Currently we have a few areas within Measurement Science of R&D where you could work as an Intern. You will join a dynamic group of scientists to grow and advance laboratory operations and capability development in Oral Care. Capability group is part of the Upstream Chemistry Innovation Organization that is responsible for performance and safety assessment of Oral Care products – methodologies spanning across biological, chemical, and physical parameters.
- In our testing, we assess benefit spaces such as cavity, erosion, stain, gingivitis, bad breath prevention, plaque and stain removal, whitening, and cleaning. We partner with colleagues across the entire organization and provide data for decision making – from the creation of new products, product forms, to claim support and product release at our manufacturing plants.
- In your project, you will be asked to develop new assays and methods for evaluation of whitening and plaque efficacy, and in these evaluate new mechanisms of action. You will analyze data using qualitative and quantitative tools, trouble-shoot method technical issues, and you will also learn the application of statistical principles to ensure data integrity.
- As you grow and develop, you will take on more responsibility and build personal capability. We will help you achieve your goals by providing world-class training and development opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS / EXPERIENCES) FOR THE ROLE:
They are looking for Bachelor’s/Master’s students who:
- Majoring in biochemistry, chemical biology, analytical chemistry. Candidates from other fields of chemistry or biology will also be considered
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Have strong communication skills
- Have both critical thinking and active listening
- Has the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Preferably has been involved in laboratory-based undergraduate research (advanced laboratory coursework applies)
What They Offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
- Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal pieces of training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
- Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
- Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package.