Schreiber Foods Quality Assurance Team Leader Vacancy 2021
Schreiber Foods strives to do good through food every day. Based in North America, we’re a customer-brand leader in cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese, shelf-stable beverages and yogurt.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Team Leader (Manager)
Location: Richland Center, WI
The Quality Assurance Team Leader leads the efforts of the Quality Assurance Department to achieve plant, category, and enterprise goals. Duties include training and coaching partners, maintaining compliance with customers’ requirements, overseeing quality, food safety, and sanitation program design, implementation, and execution, and adhering to company and government programs, regulations, requirements, and guidelines. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading continuous improvement efforts in quality, food safety, and sanitation, maintaining an audit-ready standard at all times, and evaluating partner performance, including partner accountability for adherence to safety, foods safety, quality, and sanitation programs.
- Bachelors in Food/Dairy Science or related
- 1-3 years of experience in Leadership of small to mid-sized Quality Assurance Teams.
- Experience in the food industry
- Knowledge of food safety protocols which can normally be gained through licensing or certification programs
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
What you’ll do:
- Develop SFI Culture – train, coach, evaluate, and reinforce continuous improvement principles with partners as well as personal, people, business, and process leadership.
Goals – lead and participate in team efforts to meet or exceed plant, category, and enterprise goals through the use of continuous improvement tools, processes, and teams.
- Customer Requirements – work with Operations, Sales, and PLS leadership in identifying, communicating, and meeting customer requirements. Develop processes, programs, and checks to ensure customer requirements are met.
Governmental Regulations – Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, etc. Work with our plant and EQFS teams to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work with the plant and EQFS teams to make sure that Food Safety, Quality, Sanitation, and Lab programs are designed, implemented, and executed on a daily basis to meet goals and requirements.
- Financial – Track and maintain control of department budgets to assure plant goals are met. Participate in capital project analysis, justification, and food safe implementation. Administer companywide processes and certification programs.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
Schreiber Foods Quality Assurance