Cell Biology Intern Vacancy 2022 – Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $35 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Intern II, Cell Biology
Location Grand Island, New York, US
Job ID: 215132BR
- Currently enrolled and have completed 2 years of Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field. Required GPA 3.0 or above.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative, innovative and critical thinking
- Analytical nature, responds positively to challenges and a problem solver
- Responsive, results oriented and task driven
- Self-directed, well-organized with ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent documentation, planning and organizational skills
- Functional knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
What You’ll Get to Do:
- As an R&D Intern II you’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
- Our Intern program will give you a chance to get real world R&D experience and build your network before graduation.
- You’ll be able to collaborate with industrial scientists, project leaders and operation leaders to troubleshoot and improve systems for biotechnology products and processes, including cell culture media for the life science market.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work with a mentor in an R&D environment that will allow you to solidify knowledge of the fundamental concepts of biotechnology, learn about the many different aspects of new product development and bioprocess optimization.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Perform mammalian cell culture studies in a lab environment
- Develop optimized transfection protocols
- Support advances in Gene Therapy
- Identify workflow improvements
Cell Biology Intern Vacancy