Bioinformatics Intern Recruitment @ Bayer – Apply Online
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $20.00 to $52.00. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Job Title: Co-op Intern
Location: United States
Residence Based: Residence Based
Reference Code: 660241
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree student in Bioinformatics, or Statistics;
- Experience with big and complex data environments (structured and unstructured data sources), using advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, deep learning frameworks, and machine learning algorithms;
- Excellent understanding of statistical performance data, trend analysis to determine abnormalities, and a broad understanding of a variety of data environments and tools (like SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, Rapid Miner, Spotfire, etc.);
- Hands-on experience with programming languages (Python and R), Machine Learning, and Deep Learning tools and packages such as scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Co-Op Intern, are to:
- Perform complex simulation, modeling, and implementation of machine learning algorithms, including Natural Language Processing;
- Collaborate with Corporate IT, vendors, and academia to understand the implications of relevant architectures for data analytics and data integration platforms;
- Analyze diverse internal and external data sources for the value-adding patient and product information by leveraging complex statistical and predictive models;
- Design digital strategies to extract and derive insights from unstructured information, including literature, social media, and adverse event source documents;
- Enable the generation of the novel patient and product insights to advance the safety and well-being of patients and consumers;
- Ensure principles guide the appropriate and ethical collection and use of data, securing the scientific integrity of the analyses it generates as well as complying with all applicable data privacy regulations;
- Drive improved topline through developing e.g. patient safety based on reimbursement models keeping Bayer’s license to operate by delivering Pharmacovigilance product insights;
- Identify novel product benefits or risk insights to protect the safety and well-being of patients and consumers;
- Ensure excellence, and increased transactional efficiency, quality, and compliance through novel technologies and data sources.
Bioinformatics Intern Recruitment