Conagra Brands QA Intern For Food Science – Apply Online
Conagra Brands QA Intern For Food Science – Apply Online. Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender’s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke’s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
QA Intern (5 pm – 1 am)
Location: Darien, Wisconsin
Hours for this role will be Monday thru Friday from 5pm – 1am with a one hour lunch.
Assists in the implementation of quality programs across functional areas of the Quality group. Supports management in the implementation of relevant quality processes and procedures and the daily execution of activities related to such. Participate on cross functional teams to ensure effective implementation of quality initiatives and processes. Brings forward to Quality management observed needs for Quality improvement.
- Collecting and evaluating product samples from the production lines
- Performs CCP checks to the FSMA standard
- Performs quality checks of the sanitation process to ensure line is ready for production
- Gather and study data to understand trends and issues in order to provide input to decisions related to product safety and quality in areas of assigned responsibility
- Provide technical and decision-making support and/or data analysis in managing situations and issues relative to quality and/or food safety.
- Collaborate and provide technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure, food safety and quality of company products.
- Implements processes and procedures within assigned technical area(s) of responsibility.
- Participates on cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence of QA initiatives and process improvement under supervision.
- Performs assigned technical tasks/duties associated with department processes and procedures.
- Interfaces/provides technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure regulatory compliance, food safety and quality of company products.
- Position will gain an understanding of both FDA and USDA regulations.
- Conduct audits to ensure standards around programs such as allergen management, foreign material control, GMPs, etc…are being adhered to.
- Students with a food science major or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Competency in using Microsoft office and other computer software
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work day or night shift
Physical Requirements for Conagra Brands QA
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is located at the Birds Eye Foods, Darien WI location, which employees 800 salary, hourly and seasonal employees. It produces over 33 million cases of products annually such as SteamFresh lightly sauced frozen vegetables, Voila Meals, Protein Blends, and a variety of veggie pasta and rice’s. Locally grown carrots and green beans are also processed at this facility.
- Darien is in Southeast WI approximately 90 miles N of Chicago, 60 miles SE of Madison and 60 miles SW of Milwaukee. It is in a rural area surrounded by several communities which are a drivable distance to the plant including Beloit, Janesville, Elkhorn, Lake Geneva and Belvidere IL.
- The area does provide several recreational activities and events including watersports and fishing, hiking and biking, several restaurants, shops and fairs, festivals and local events.
- Last Modified: October 2016
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.