J M Smucker Co Intern Corporate QA Summer 2022
J M Smucker Co Intern Corporate QA Summer 2022. Inspired by more than 120 years of business success and five generations of family leadership, The J. M. Smucker Co. makes food that people and pets love. The Company’s portfolio of 40+ brands, which are found in 90 percent of U.S. homes and countless restaurants, includes iconic products consumers have always loved such as Folgers®, Jif® and Milk-Bone® plus new favorites like Café Bustelo®, Smucker’s® Uncrustables® and Rachael Ray™ Nutrish®.
Intern, Corporate Quality Assurance – Summer 2022
Location: Orrville – Corporate
Job ID: 107553
INTERN, CORPORATE QUALITY ASSURANCE
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to becoming the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern-housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially supported for the length of your internship.
As an intern within our Corporate Quality Assurance Department, you will assist in auditing Smucker contract manufacturers, suppliers, and internal plants or warehouses to include corrective action follow-up. You will complete new product commissioning and qualifications, finished product reviews and evaluations, and product specification development. You will support contract manufacturer, warehouse, and supplier evaluation and approval processes utilizing TraceGains software.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Microbiology, Biology, Food Science, Animal Science, or another related field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including strong time-management, communication, teamwork skills, and the ability to be a self-motivated employee