The Watkins Company Intern – Quality Assurance Recruitment
The Watkins Company Intern – Quality Assurance Recruitment. From the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota, The Watkins Company has been crafting award-winning gourmet products since 1868. Known for world-famous Vanilla Extracts, Cinnamon and Black Pepper, Watkins products have been family favorites for generations. As a leader in gourmet flavoring, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in categories including the All Natural Baking Vanilla Extract, Organic Extracts, Organic Spices & Dry Seasoning Mixes, and natural Baking Decorations & Food Coloring that do not contain artificial dyes.
Intern, Corporate Quality Assurance – Summer 2022
Job Id: 293
Co-Op Intern – Quality Assurance
Schedule: Monday – Friday Flexible Scheduling; up to 20 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Acting as a Utility for the first semester; learning and understanding the operations of the manufacturing division by working on the assembly line within a light manufacturing environment.
- Learn manufacturing processes and translate that learning into the company’s ERP system functionality and material testing requirements.
- Perform laboratory testing on raw and finished materials.
- Assist food safety team with document conversion and other special projects.
- Utilize the knowledge of the interns mentor to provide unique experiences based on the students interests.
- Actively enrolled in a post-secondary education institution studying Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or other related field.
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.