Latest jobs for BS Biology
Loyola Medicine is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Medical Laboratory Technologist. This role offers an exciting opportunity for individuals with a background in BS Biology to join our dedicated team of healthcare professionals. As a vital part of our medical laboratory, you’ll contribute to critical diagnostic procedures, helping to ensure the highest standards of patient care. Join us in making a meaningful impact on the field of healthcare at Loyola Medicine.
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Post
Company: Loyola Medicine
Location: Maywood, Illinois
Employment Type: Part-time
Shift: Day Shift
Day Shift: 7:00 am-3:30pm, Rotating weekends and Holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Specific Degree(s): Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, Biology, or Chemistry
Qualification Preferred: Latest jobs for BS Biology
- Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) or equivalent
- Other: Laboratory certification required (ASCP or HEW)
Job Description: Latest jobs for BS Biology
In this role, the Medical Lab Scientist- Lab Core will be responsible for supporting the delivery of patient care by performing laboratory testing that is utilized in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. This includes waived, moderate, and high-complexity testing.
Roles and Responsibilities: Latest jobs for BS Biology
- Performs all laboratory testing, including the pre-examination phase in accordance with standard operating procedures and accreditation guidelines to support the delivery of patient care.
- Conducts and documents established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products; evaluates the results of quality control testing and implements corrective action according to established protocols to ensure the accuracy and quality of patient testing.
- Participates in the validation of laboratory methods and procedures to meet the changing healthcare needs of our patients.
- Recognizes and documents problems that may adversely affect test performance or the reporting of test results. Identifies, implements, and documents appropriate corrective action or notifies the technical specialist, shift supervisor, or manager.
Perks & Benefits: Latest jobs for BS Biology
- Benefits from Day One (Medical and Dental)
- Competitive Shift Differentials
- Daily Pay “NEW”
- Career Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- 403(b) with Employer Match
- On-Site Fitness Center (Gottlieb Memorial Hospital & LUMC)
- Referral Rewards
- Perks Program