Nestlé R&D Intern Recruitment, Online Application Process
Nestlé R&D Intern Recruitment, Online Application Process. You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Job ID: 76501612
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Seeking a Nutrition Intern to help drive and implement Nutrition, Health and Wellness support across the global Frozen and Chilled Food Categories at the Nestle Development Center in Solon, Ohio. This position will also have the opportunity to gain experience and support Regulatory & Scientific Affairs to help drive claims and communications across the supported categories. The purpose of this position is to apply sound nutrition and regulatory science and learnings to gain an inside perspective and experience key skills that are necessary in the Food & Beverage industry related to Dietetics and Nutrition.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- The role will provide 80% Nutrition, Health and Wellness (NHW) and 20% Regulatory & Scientific Affairs (RSA) support
- Provide guidance to technical teams including product developers and scientists, in terms of giving product-specific guidance on internal and external nutrition requirements
- Conduct nutritional competitive analyses to build knowledge on nutritional profiles of products currently on the market
- Identify nutrition opportunity spaces based on early-trend readings and search for literature on nutrition-related topics
- Analyze the global portfolio of Frozen and Chilled Food products based on specific nutrients or ingredients
- To apply the principles of Nutrition and Dietetics and learn how to incorporate them in consumer education/communication
- For the frozen and chilled product category, research trends in consumer communication and claims (e.g., health, ingredient content, dietary, sensory, etc.) and report findings.
- Support the research of exploratory ingredients and provide the preliminary regulatory assessment.
LOCATION OF INTERNSHIP:
- Remote, with opportunity (as desired) to support from Nestle Development Center in Solon, Ohio.
- Must have (or currently be a student) a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nutrition, or a similar degree.
- Master of Science (MS) in Nutrition, or a similar degree, is a plus.
- Preferred, though not required, background in the Food & Beverage Industry and/or experience in food composition
- Strong Analytical & Communication Skills
- Ability to be productive without direct supervision