Microbiology Assay Development Internship at Beckman Coulter Diagnostics
Microbiology Assay Development Internship at Beckman Coulter Diagnostics. Beckman Coulter is a Danaher Operating Company. As a $20B company with 60,000 associates, ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 25 years, DHR stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by more than 5,000 percent. The strength of our results is a testament to our teams and the power of the Danaher Business System. Our Purpose: “Helping Realize Life’s Potential” is what makes us excited to come to work each day!
Microbiology Assay Development Intern
Job ID: R1189383
Location: West Sacramento, California, United States of America
What you find at Beckman Coulter —and within yourself — might just change the world!
The Microbiology Assay Development Internship – Microbiology is responsible for supporting the development of new assay products.
This position belongs to Microbiology Operating Company nested within Beckman Coulter and is located in West Sacramento, CA. At Microbiology as one of the world’s leading ID/AST companies, our vision is to ensure that every patient has access to the right antibiotic treatment at the right time. You will be an integral part of the Operations Leadership team and report to the Sr Director, Operations for Microbiology.
If you thrive in a fast-paced setting, leading multi-functional teams and inspiring change describes you – read on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Complete assignments requiring independent thought, judgment, and initiative participating in development of antimicrobial susceptibility tests
- Detail Oriented, Planning, Communication
- Basic microbiology to identify contamination/mixed plates/correct morphology for organism.
- Independently analyze data, provide and present conclusions.
- Evaluate data to assess risk.
- Assist in developing new techniques and procedures as part of our continual improvement
- Participate in departmental operations support including material inventory tracking, instrument maintenance, and general laboratory maintenance.
- Responsible for documentation of studies performed, including design history, following GDP (Good Documentation Practices).