Bausch & Lomb Microbiology Technician Vacancy – Apply Online
Bausch + Lomb (NYSE/TSX: BLCO) is a leading global eye health company dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world—from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple, yet powerful: helping you see better, to live better.
Job Tite: Microbiology Technician IV
Location: US-NY-Rochester, New York, US
Company: Bausch & Lomb
Our comprehensive portfolio of over 400 products is fully integrated and built to serve our customers across the full spectrum of their eye health needs throughout their lives. Our iconic brand is built on the deep trust and loyalty of our customers established over our nearly 170-year history. We have a significant global research, development, manufacturing and commercial footprint of approximately 12,500 employees and a presence in approximately 100 countries , extending our reach to billions of potential customers across the globe. We have long been associated with many of the most significant advances in eye health, and we believe we are well positioned to continue leading the advancement of eye health in the future.
This lab-based position is responsible for monitoring product quality by performing predetermined microbiology tests to support marketed and pre-marketed product formulations in accordance with SOPs and regulations.
- Performs lab bench microbiological tests and data analysis as per department SOPs using aseptic techniques
- Performs sterility testing using isolator technology as per department SOPs
- Performs microbiological tests to support the customer return program
- Performs harvesting and standardizing of challenge microorganisms using a spectrophotometer
- Prepares sterile media and solutions required for testing
- Maintains a safe and compliant work environment by following standards, procedures, and company regulations
- Maintains on the job knowledge and skills by participating in applicable training
Supports department and inter-department projects, as assigned
- Ability to lift >35 lbs.
- AAS degree in a technical discipline, minimum of 3 years relevant experience in microbiology
- Knowledge of quality ISO standards and general laboratory GMPs as well as laboratory techniques such as pipetting, aseptic techniques, and good documentation practices.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively on teams.
Bausch & Lomb Microbiology