Boehringer Ingelheim Immunology Postdoc Vacancy – Apply Online
We are seeking motivated, enthusiastic, and creative Post-Doctoral Fellows to join our Immunology team in the Bacterial Disease Research department located in Ames, IA. These positions are part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Post-Doctoral Program – https://careers.boehringer-ingelheim.com/post-doc/. As a Post-Doctoral Fellow, you will be a primary driver of research projects taking innovative approaches to solutions for infectious diseases in animal health. Identification of pathways that play a role in the host-pathogen interactions will support discovery and development of novel approaches to prevent bacterial and complex infectious diseases. Strong skills in molecular biology, molecular microbiology, cellular and molecular immunology are a plus, while multidisciplinary approaches will be a foundation for these projects. Post-Doctoral Fellows are expected to independently conduct research and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Job Title: Post Doctoral, Immunology-232263
• Ph.D., DVM, DVM-Ph.D. or equivalent in Immunology, Bacterial Pathogenesis, Viral Pathogenesis, or similar field from an accredited institution, with a good publication record
• Ability to work independently and within teams, design and execute experimental strategy to advance projects
• Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Take full responsibility for a research project, with guidance from experienced mentors with extensive background in academia and industry
• Provide input to create, organize, and execute research projects to elucidate mechanisms of Host Pathogen interactions, to translate mechanistic insights into novel therapeutic candidates
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams
• Publish results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at scientific conferences
• Comply with all applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner and maintaining proper records in accordance with SOP’s and policies
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative in driving cutting edge research
• Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in appropriate areas including Modern Immunology, Microbial Pathogenesis, Molecular Microbiology, or Vaccinology is a plus.
• Good knowledge of scientific area of responsibility; ability to ask critical scientific questions, synthesize new hypotheses and critique devised hypotheses
Boehringer Ingelheim Immunology Postdoc