BMS Bioprocess Specialist Vacancy – Biochemistry Candidates Apply
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Job Title: Bioprocess Specialist (Night Shift)
Location: Devens, Massachusetts
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma is required. Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is desired but not required.
- A minimum of 5 + years process operations experience in a highly automated biotechnology manufacturing facility subject to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
- Strong knowledge of either upstream and/or downstream unit operation is essential.
- Practical knowledge of regulations such as GMP and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
- Previous work experience where attention to detail and personal accountability were critical to success
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable.
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers.
- Works on routine manufacturing assignments per written procedures that are complex with on instructions, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
- Weighs and checks raw materials.
- Assembles, cleans and sterilizes process equipment, monitors processes.
- Completes electronic work instructions and maintains clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Operates all production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. Upstream: Media formulation equipment, glass washers, dispensary, bioreactors, harvest equipments or Downstream: Buffer equipment, glass washers, chromatography skids, membrane operations, column packing skids, etc.)
- Effectively uses process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and some supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
- Ensures less experienced manufacturing personnel comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and electronic work instructions.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of special projects such as validation or complex investigations.
- Revises and creates process documents with no instructions, supports routine process investigations.
- Assists with reviewing batch and exception reports for each manufacturing lot in conjunction with Quality representative.
- Champions areas specific initiatives associated with work safety.
- Engages in and supports culture of continual improvement through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment and safe work environment.
BMS Bioprocess Specialist Vacancy