Intern Summer 2023 @ Coca Cola – Candidates Apply Online
The Global Juice R&D Intern will work in the Apopka Global Juice R&D Innovation Center and support product development initiatives for our global juice brands. More specifically, the chosen intern will create secondary recipes for high-risk ingredients to be better prepared for future supply chain complexities. This work would include an investigation of current solutions and an overview of what would be required to bring this to commercial reality (i.e. – new capabilities, manufacturing sites, regulatory/safety/quality/procurement considerations etc.). As well, he or she would have the opportunity to create concepts & prototypes in this space for evaluation. Additional responsibilities may include developing, qualifying, reformulating, and validating juice products. As well, the chosen candidate is expected to have the opportunity to lead tasting sessions, manage product stability studies, and work in our pilot plant to support production trials.
Location: Apopka, FL US
Job ID: R-80004
Time Type: Full time
Job Type: FullTime
Qualifications & Requirements
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a Bachelor’s, MS or PhD program
Science background – Food Science is preferred
- English language skills
Top Skills Needed
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform in a challenging, dynamic and changing environment
- Service minded, team player, high level of commitment
- Passionate with an aptitude to quickly learn
- Works under pressure
- Growth Mindset
- Product Development Experience Preferred
What We Can Do for You
- Enable hands-on beverage product development experience across globally recognized & innovative brands such as Simply, Minute Maid, etc.
- Provide experience working closely with cross-functional technical teams to advance complex initiatives
- Increase your understanding of how our global system works to drive growth and consistency in the marketplace
What You’ll Do for Us
- Support the design and development of new juice products at bench scale.
- Evaluate new ingredients, verify nutritional profiles, and conduct product or packaging stability assessments to deliver against design.
- Aid product developers in optimizing existing products and/or reducing costs
- Work with vendors/suppliers on existing and new products and participate in pilot plant trials.
- Assist other R&D team members towards day-to-day R&D activities
Intern Summer 2023