J&J Cell & Gene Therapy Vacancy – Biological Science/Virology
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Cell and Gene Therapy Process Development located in Spring House, PA to be part of the Lentiviral Vector Process Development team within API Cell and Gene Therapy organization.
JOB TITLE – Scientist, Cell & Gene Therapy Process Development
FUNCTION – R&D
SUB FUNCTION – R&D
LOCATION – Spring House, Pennsylvania, United States
REQUISITION NUMBER – 2206090599W
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Develop cell culture processes for viral vector manufacturing using transient transfection in both adherent and suspension platform
- Design and execute small scale and large-scale experiment to improve and optimize viral vector manufacturing process (up-stream)
- Develop manufacturing process control parameters for STR bioreactor using different SUB system
- Collect and organize data using data science skills and tools
- Write technical report and documentation needed for regulatory filing and tech transfer activities
- Be able to work in a culture of continuous improvement of the processes and incorporation of new technologies
- Lead transfer of the processes to internal manufacturing sites or CMOs
- Train more Junior level scientists
- The candidate is expected to work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objective
- The applicant has successfully demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, initiative, independent thinking, project and personnel management skills and ability to collaborate with others.
- A MS/PhD in Biological Sciences, Virology or Biochemical Engineering with at least 2-4 years of relevant experience OR a BS in Biological Sciences, or Biochemical Engineering with at least 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Previous experience in related to viral vector upstream process development (lentiviral vector, AAV) is required.
- Proven experience working with different bioreactor system for small/large scale manufacturing process is preferred
- Experience working with Ambr system is preferred
- Data science skill is preferred
- Previous experience in standardizing procedures and transferring of the processes to cGMP facility is preferred.
- Deep understanding of analytical methods used to characterize viral vector is required.
- Experience with CMC regulatory filing is preferred.
- It is required that the applicant be highly organized and capable of managing/organizing large amount of data as well as handling multiple projects at the same time
- Good written and verbal skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
J&J Cell & Gene