Amgen Undergrad Intern – R&D (Pharmacovigilance Compliance & Training)
Amgen Undergrad Intern – R&D (Pharmacovigilance Compliance & Training). Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
Undergrad Intern – R&D (Pharmacovigilance Compliance & Training)
Location: US – California – Thousand Oaks
Job ID: R-132520
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will work with senior department leadership to implement transformational processes supporting enhancement of our patient experience. Responsibilities also include:
- Learning about and supporting Pharmacovigilance (PV) Compliance & Training responsibilities whilst contributing to Amgen’s mission To Serve Patients
- Working cross-functionally to support process improvements across Global Patient Safety
- Identifying and engaging in development of process improvement and streamlining opportunities
- Supporting the GPS project management team in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Supporting streamlining of training curriculum for Global Patient Safety colleagues
Here’s what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The enthusiastic individual we seek is passionate to learn about drug safety compliance and continuous improvement with these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree concentration(s) in biology, pharmacy sciences, nursing, pre-med, biomechanical, or industrial engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Critical scientific thinking and problem solving, attention to detail
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Written Communications and oral presentation
- Able to manage time independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
- As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.