MS Biotech in Germany
Biotechnology – “the science of applied biological process” emerged as a new discipline as a result of the union of biological science and technology. Biotechnology is defined broadly defined as “the development and utilization of biological processes, forms, and systems for getting the most advantages to humans and other lifeforms.”
Biotechnology is using living systems and organisms to develop new products. The aim is to use studies and research to develop content and scientific breakthroughs for a better life, health, and the environment.
Biotechnology deals with cell and biomolecular procedures to develop advancements and products that help in improving our lives and the wellbeing of Earth. Biotechnology is a domain where you need a lot of hands-on training, lab skills, and experience, along with theoretical knowledge.
Why in Germany?
The biotechnology sector in Germany has experienced enormous growth in recent times. Germany is one of the best countries to pursue Biotechnology. As many of the universities in Germany are ranked among the best in the world, and they have always been a superpower in scientific education and research. ‘Research universities’ was originated in Germany. Funding for universities and research institutions is granted through the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Many students choose to study in Germany as it is comparatively less expensive because most of the universities do not charge tuition fees, and even if some universities have tuition fees, you get a wide range of scholarships. Moreover, the employment prospects of students who graduate from Germany are great, and it opens doors for a plethora of career opportunities. According to ICEF Monitor, more than 300,000 students have preferred Germany as their study destination.
Reasons why you should choose Germany as your study destination. Why you should pursue MS Biotech in Germany?
- German universities provide all the required equipment, labs, and other research facilities that lay a solid foundation for students to learn biotechnology.
- Almost all public German universities are tuition-free to international students.
- Germany is at the forefront of Engineering.
- They provide top-quality higher education.
- The institutions have excellent standards.
- Excellent job prospects.
Courses Available for Biotechnology in Germany / MS Biotech in Germany
- MS in Biotechnology, Molecular Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, Insect Bio-Technology, Agro-Biotechnology, and Chemistry and Biotechnology.
- Course Duration – 1.5-2 Years
- Course Type – Full Time
- For the master’s program in biotechnology, prospective students must show proof of prior schooling records and degrees achieved prior to acceptance.
- Prospective students must have a degree in life science or related discipline.
- Students must provide proof of prior research experience and display sound content knowledge of the subject.
- Students are supposed to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language; this can be proved either through valid nationality certificates or by taking the English proficiency exam.
- Work experience is not required; however, it will definitely add value to your CV, and it is highly recommended.
The eligibility may vary depending on the university.
- Under graduation degree in life science or other relevant subjects.
- Some universities ask for GATE scores.
- An average GATE score of 300-310 in GRE is needed for applying for the MS degree in biotechnology in Germany.
- At least a cut off of 7.0 GPA on the 10.0 scale or equivalent 70% in bachelor’s degree is required.
- The German Language Proficiency is partly expected for the MS in Biotechnology in Germany, as most of the post-graduation programs in German are taught in English.
- Few German Proficiency exams are DSH, TESTDaf, DAAD, etc., are normally asked for pursuing MS degree in Germany, or a B2 level of German language proficiency must be attained.
- Letter of recommendation from the respective University.
German Universities will require you to provide language proficiency proof – that you have good English-language skills so that you can conveniently complete the studies in Germany. Most of the German universities accept these official English exams:
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
Most of the German Universities do not charge tuition fees for both residency students and international students. However, some of the institutes charge tuition fees of around 103-3000 EUR per annum.
Top Universities To Study Biotechnology In Germany
- RWTH Aachen, Aachen
- University of Freiburg, Breisgau
- Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Darmstadt
- Technical University of Berlin, Berlin
- University of Bonn, Bonn
- Technical University of Braunschweig, Brunswick
- University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Mannheim
- Brandenburg University of Technology
- Technical University Munich
- Saarland University
- University of Heidelberg
- Goethe University of Frankfurt
- University of Leipzig
- Justus Liebig University Gissen GieBen
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- University of Hohenheim
Scholarships offered by German Universities
- Global Study Awards
- The Heinrich Boll Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship
- The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship
- Mawista Scholarships
Job Prospects after doing MS Biotechnology in Germany / Masters in Biotechnology
The majority of employment is focused in the area of research studies, continuing knowledge growth to produce far better products. With the recent development in the past 5-10 years, biotechnology companies have actually broadened and used Germany as their centers of research and testing units. A degree from a certified German university in biotechnology can ensure you a job as it is valued all over the globe.
There are great opportunities available after MS Biotechnology in Germany. Hence, the scope after MS in Biotechnology is great. You will have a great scope to work in different sectors like Academics, biotechnological firms, governmental health organizations, Pharmaceutical companies, etc.
- Clariant North America
- Siemens AG
- KWS Group
- Phaidon International
MS Biotech in Germany