Biotechnology Jobs in Europe – Thermo Fisher Scientific is Hiring – Apply Below
Biotechnology Jobs in Europe, As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe, or helping find cures for cancer.
Job Posting: Biotechnologist
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Job ID: R-01211185
Type: Full time
Discover Impactful Work:
The Protein Service lab is the first stage in both our research-grade and GMP product development pipelines; The Biotechnologist’s responsibilities include all phases of new product development from protein expression and following downstream applications.
A Day in the Life:
- All aspects of cellular recombinant protein expression and purification including intermediate testing and troubleshooting.
- All record-keeping associated with product development and cell banking, including DNA and cell culture stock maintenance.
- GMP product development including enhanced record keeping and protocol-governed cell banking.
- Coordination with other departments, particularly protein production/purification labs (both GMP and RUO) and mammalian gene development lab; occasional collaborative efforts with other institutions as required.
- Knowledge of QC-related functions as related to SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, Mass Spectrometry, etc.
- RUO/GMP manufacturing protocol development.
- General operation of the laboratory space.
- Help develop methods to improve existing techniques and efficiencies.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks/electronic notebooks and databases.
Keys to Success:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology.
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry. Demonstrated technical knowledge of aseptic processing in controlled environments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards and hands-on experience in controlled environments;
- Understanding of GMP procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Keeps accurate records of activities and results in the laboratory notebooks and databases where appropriate.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource management (ERP) systems. Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.