Microbiology Lab Summer Intern at Tillamook – Apply Online
Microbiology Lab Summer Intern at Tillamook – Apply Online. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
Microbiology Lab Summer Intern
Location: Tillamook, OR
Req #: 2423
# of Openings: 1
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
What you will do:
The Microbiology Internship is a summer program that provides training for the intern in the Microbiology field and lab techniques in a renowned cheese production facility. The Internship will focus on Microbiology Lab work for milk and finished products. The Internship will involve completing a specialized project in the lab.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Mastitis culture work; streaking and reading plates; making necessary medias and reagents
- Learn and operate technology within a working microbiology laboratory
- Complete forms and reports
- Autoclave Operation and general sanitation
- Work on special projects as they arise
Skills you’ll need:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor’s degree or in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree (junior or senior preferred) in Food Science, Dairy Science or related field of study is a plus.
- Prior food production or production /manufacturing experience and/or training is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate with moderate supervision
- Technical knowledge in the area of responsibility and meticulous attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel); specialized database experience is preferred
- Requires commitment to objectives of the department and organization; Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Decision-making skills, training skills, problem analysis skills, teamwork, creativity, the need to read, write, speak and understand the English language and the need to perform advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation)
Must be able to pass the pre-employment test.