Nestlé Food Science & Microbiology Quality Manager Vacancy – Apply
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States.
Job Title: Facility Quality Manager
Job ID 162153
Eligibility Criteria & Experience:
- University graduate or equivalent (preferred microbiology, chemistry or food science-related studies, or engineering);
- Demonstrated capability to lead a group of experienced professionals;
- Management exposure in a factory/ market;
- Proven track record in delivering results by working with cross-functional teams and different initiatives;
- Lead part of a change effort;
- Establishing networks of peers, in markets or factories.
Act as catalyst and pathfinder in partnering with other functions to ensure trust and consumer preference improvements by appropriate actions and resources; Is the challenger of other functions to drive and ensure first time right, product defect elimination, proper risk management & risk-based decision making and continuous improvements; Is the guardian of food safety and compliance at the factory providing leadership and support in achieving the business objectives; Develop autonomy, empowers and engages people to become a high performing organization that drives standards and continuous improvement with the aim to be best in class; Ensure that products are released on time and in compliance with internal and external requirements.
Assure Food Safety and Compliance
- Responsible for adherence to all Company Quality principles and policies as well as local laws and regulations;
- Responsible for compliance to food safety and external requirements (national and international);
- Responsible to ensure factory food safety management systems and HAACP programs are implemented and maintained;
- Responsible for factory laboratory operation and compliance, including personnel safety, availability of equipment, and training of technicians;
- Ensure adherence to good hygienic practices in the factory;
- Ensure the factory pest management program is implemented and complaint;
- Collaborate with other functions to set up, manage, enforce and maintain the Management System.
Strive for Zero Defect & No Waste at Factory
- Lead the quality failures analysis and initiatives to eliminate the defects;
- Ensure on-time release of finished products;
- Promote and supports cross-fertilization of NCE best practices, knowledge, standards and improvements;
- Promote sharing of best practices;
- Liaise with other departments, functions, Applications Groups and Businesses to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the Idea to Launch process;
- Collaborate with other functions to drive improvement in the manufacturing of products that consistently delivers consumer preference.
- Ensure development of competencies in Quality
- Align and develop quality organizational structure and ensures succession planning are in place;
- Ensure development of people through career management (experience), coaching and training;
- Convey corporate culture and management principles at all levels;
- Invests time coaching his/hers teams;
- Foster a healthy employee relations climate.
Nestlé Food Science & Microbiology