Allogene Intern Quality Control (QC) Microbiology
Allogene Intern Quality Control (QC) Microbiology – Apply Online. Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Intern, Quality Control (QC) Microbiology
Location: Newark, CA
Allogene is seeking an Intern to join the Quality Control (QC) Microbiology organization for the Summer 2021. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a successful clinical-stage biotech company. The primary goal of the internship project is to support Quality Control microbiological testing for clinical and commercial manufactured product such as utility testing and environmental monitoring. The Intern will gain advanced, workforce technical skills. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a GMP Quality Control Laboratory of a successful clinical-stage biotech company.
This role will be a hands-on role paid internship reporting to our Associate Director, QC Microbiology. This position is based onsite out of our Manufacturing Facility in Newark, CA for the duration of the summer internship.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform environmental monitoring of utilities and facilities
- Perform media growth promotion, gram staining, and microbial ID test methods of isolates per compendial methods
- Perform TOC testing of water samples
- Work with internal and external resources to maintain lab in an optimal state
- Execute validation protocols and/or microbiological studies
- Perform other duties, as required
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Major or Minor in a related field such as Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, etc.
- Must be a current Undergraduate or Graduate student and have completed at least 2 years of college academic coursework Must be in good academic standing
- Completed lab coursework in Microbiology with hands-on techniques such as aseptic techniques, gram staining, cell culture
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Must be able to work weekends on occasion and as-needed
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in Quality Control or Microbiology in the biotech and pharma industries
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with a desire to learn and tackle new challenges
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Employment is contingent upon completion of pre-hire requirements