Danaher Bioinformatics Scientist Vacancy – Biology Candidates Apply
Danaher bioinformatics job opening 2021. Bioinformatics job opening 2021. Candidates with a Bachelors’s degree in biology. Danaher announces job opening for biology candidates. job opening for biology candidates. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Bioinformatics Scientist I
Location: Coralville, IA
Bachelor’s degree Biology, Engineering or other related fields) required.
- Work experience in academia or industry preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of either computational and biological issues required; knowledge of both is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced and results-oriented environment preferred
- Practical experience exploiting cloud computing resources preferred.
Other Job Qualifications
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as R or Python
- Programming and data analysis experience in a distributed Unix environment
- Familiarity with public bioinformatics resources and tools
- Knowledge of best-practice data presentation methods for internal and external audiences
- Ability to easily integrate into and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up-to a minimal amount frequently
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of a computer.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
The Bioinformatics Scientist I, under minimal supervision, will support a group of experienced scientists to develop novel genomic applications. This individual will be a contributor to the product development team and report to their Bioinformatics group leader.
- Applies knowledge of computer science to solve domain problems with occasional guidance
- Plans details required for the execution of assigned work, under moderate to minimal oversight
- Utilizes mathematical and statistical analysis, and other software aids as needed
- Operates and maintains software development tools while keeping abreast of promising tool advancements
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of work using version control tools and other documentation artifacts
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as needed to meet research objectives
- Interact with other IDT departments and IDT customers to assist with customer service/technical support and to advance collaborative research projects as directed
- Presents information at group meetings as directed
- Develops and maintains bioinformatics tools and pipelines
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
Danaher Bioinformatics Scientist