Nestlé Quality Specialist-Laboratory Post Vacancy – Food Science
As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestlé Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life®, Nature’s Bounty®, Vital Proteins®, Nuun®, Persona Nutrition®, BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Job Title: Quality Specialist-Laboratory Information Management Systems Specialist
Eligbility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Computer Science or equivalent field.
Required: Experience using specification systems and computer data management.
Preferred: Demonstrated competence in Laboratory Information Management Systems to support business requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including report writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required; SAP and LIMS is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Working knowledge of FDA and GMP regulations
Nestle Health Science is seeking someone for a Quality System Specialist LIMS role at our Eau Claire, WI facility. The Quality Systems Specialist is the Quality representative to supporting and ensuring Quality compliance of all materials in the factory. This includes investigation/deviation of Quality system compliance with materials and GLOBE functionality. This person provides expertise and guidance to ensuring compliance to material specifications and requirements. The position is instrumental in improving the Quality systems module of GLOBE and collaboration with site manufacturing and operational teams.
Quality Management Data
- Set-up and maintain specifications for ZPCK, ROH, HALB, ZTRV, and FERT materials; based on Raw Material specifications, Market Documents, periodic test forms, release norms, QMS, change management requests, etc.
- Plant level and Quality Management data set-up and maintenance of ZPCK, ROH, HALB, FERT, and ZTRV materials
- Administer Regulatory, Safety and Quality Limits for finished product compliance within CAT
- Maintain Daily Coding Sheets for verification of QM data for production
- Manage ZPCK, ROH, HALB and FERT material discontinuation
- Maintain fitgap program for facility to support compliance to Nestle global standards
- Work directly with operation personnel to ensure understanding GLOBE ‘Import All’ changes
- Identify, lead or manage Quality system improvements and investigations
- Run health checks on routine basis associated with batch records, materials and inspection plans
- Maintain files of all changes made and document technical support
- Conduct compliance against data standards of GLOBE (LIMS)
Train and Develop
- Troubleshoot Globe issues affecting SAP, such as incorrect data entry, inspection plan build errors, lab linking data, etc.
- Coach and train GLOBE users on transaction usage, data extracts, setting up defaults, apps, and role requests
- Support and update SOPs and Globe site documents (Quick Reference Cards)
Safety and Environmental
- Follow factory safety and environmental objectives and targets
- Follow the plant safety rules, report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately
- Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety and Environmental Management
Understand and apply the principles of NCE and continuous improvement in the work area
Maintain a clean and 5S compliant work area
- Follow Factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
- Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices, report food safety and quality issues immediately
- Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programsUnderstand the food safety and quality aspects of
- the position as indicated on QMS, OJTs and SOPs that apply
Nestlé Quality Specialist