Nestle Waters Food Science Job Vacancy – Resource Corporate Quality
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Job Title: Resource Corporate Quality
Job ID: 21002309
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Category: Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Company: Nestle Waters North America
They are currently seeking a Resource, Corporate Quality to be located in Los Angeles and report to the National Lab Director.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, chemistry, microbiology or related field required, Masters, preferred.
- Practical Lab experience within consumer products, specifically food & beverage is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 requirements and lab audits.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control and lab tools.
- Knowledge of Water Regulations is added advantage.
- Knowledge of Analytical Quality Assurance.
- Strong project management and computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge on Quality Systems, SAP, and LIMS preferred.
- Proven leadership skills, coaching, and developing leaders & employees.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with peers and executives.
- Ability to drive positive change in both systems and culture.
- Strong internal and external customer and consumer focus with great follow-up.
- Ability to provide after hours support to a 24 X 7 operation for critical tasks & issues.
- Self-directed with high integrity and the maturity commensurate with being an effective team member.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Resource Corporate Quality- Consumer Sensory Insight, Innovation & Renovation ensures the proficiency and performance of the Sensory / Innovation & Renovation activities in order to provide the best analytical services to the factories and market. Responsible to implement & sustain Nestlé Quality & Good Laboratory Practices in the respective areas of responsibility. Provide guidance to Factories and Corporate QA & Product Development in specific areas of expertise (Analysis and Innovation & Renovation). Challenge the status quo and provides support by using NCE tools & methodology to ensure compliance & continuous improvement in all activities.
Quality System: Responsible for the proper implementation of good laboratory practices, Nestle Management System and regular update of the laboratory quality system in accordance with the ISO 17025 Standards and internal standards
Laboratory methods and practices: Chemistry
– Responsible for the correct and cost-efficient functioning of the laboratory, including personnel safety, availability of equipment and materials to carry out analyses, internal and external quality control under the responsibility.
– Responsible for the analytical competence of technicians at factories to perform the required analysis.
– Responsible for the correct and on time reporting of results to stakeholders.
– Manage the factory technicians’ training plan and development needs
– Coordinate, lead, support:
– Consumer Sensory Insight
– Shelf Life Studies
– Product formulations / Specs
– Innovation Renovation
– New Cooler evaluation
Responsible for the adequate follow-up on results of proficiency tests and interlaboratory comparisons. Responsible for performing root cause analysis in case of poor results and in applying corrective action
Nestle Waters Food Science