PPD Cell Culture Associate Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
Job Title: Associate Scientist – CELL CULTURE
Location: FSP3 Cambridge, MA – Cambridge – MA
We are seeking an Associate Scientist with experience in mammalian cell culture, who will bring their skills to a dynamic and growing proteomics team. The qualified candidate will serve to be responsible for key cell culture activities. Detailed training will be provided for cell culture-associated proteomics sample preparation techniques. Specifically, in this position, you will:
- Divide time equally between cell culture and proteomics sample preparation responsibilities.
- Organize and manage all cell culture activities for the proteomics team with a specific emphasis on maintaining immortalized cell lines, and dosing cells with compounds.
- Cell culture-specific responsibilities include media preparation, thawing and freezing cells, cell viability assessments, and cell subculturing requiring excellent aseptic technique.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Proteomics team members on experiment design for cell-based experiments.
- Perform cell-based experiments according to established best practices using both manual pipetting and automated liquid handlers.
- Train with Proteomics team members to assist in cell culture-associated proteomics sample preparation protocols.
- Enrich proteins or peptides as required using chemical proteomics techniques or immunoaffinity enrichments using in-house protocols.
- Process cells, tissues, biofluids, and other in vivo/human biological matrices for proteins and peptides using commercially available kits for sample preparation and in-house protocols manually or with automation.
- Coordinate ordering, receiving and storing of cell lines, experimental compounds, sample preparation kits, and all necessary reagents.
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks, analyze pertinent data sets, and communicate results to the team. Attend Proteomics team meetings and provide regular updates to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 1+ year) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training, and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 6 months of mammalian cell culture experience required
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment within a team
- Time management and project management skills
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- No experience with proteomics required
- Experience with other bioassays, particularly in 96 or 384-well microplates, is considered a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
PPD Cell Culture Associate