Thermo Fisher Scientific Analytical Scientist Vacancy – Biological Science
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: QC Analytical Scientist II – Biochemistry
Location St. Louis, Missouri, US
Job ID: 183089BR
Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive knowledge/use of Micro-Pipetting
- Experience in performing Protein Concentration and Gel Electrophoresis experiments is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of scientific principles for a wide range of analytical techniques is strongly recommended
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of chemistry and analytical instrumental technologies
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical or microbiological analysis.
- Good problem-solving skills and logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Good presentation skills to present information to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and oral
- Routine use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Word is essential.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write standard operating procedures, simple protocols, and reports.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations, to such tasks as dilution calculation, molarity conversion, etc.
How will you make an impact?
- As part of the Quality Control Biochemistry Group, you directly impact patients’ lives by providing testing to ensure their biological pharmaceuticals are safe and potent.
What will you do?
- Conduct routine compendial, purity, and impurity testing of pharmaceutical release, stability, and in-process samples by internally developed qualified and validated test methods.
- Support qualification and validation of test methods for pharmaceutical concentration, purity, and impurity testing.
- Recognize and report out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems.
- Perform daily instrument calibrations/verifications as required.
- Communicate, clearly and accurately, the results of work by creating cGMP documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results. Record and report results of the analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Assists in preparing regulatory documents and other communications with outside agencies, clients, and/or colleagues from other corporate sites.
- Contribute to the writing of SOPs and test methods if needed.
- Clean and organize work area.
- Write investigation records in the Track Wise system.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintain the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Analytical