2023 Intern – Co-op – AAV Technologies @ Sanofi – Apply
The Genomic Medicine Unit is seeking a highly motivated candidate for paid Co-op role that will help build innovation in capsid engineering and gene therapy immunology.
Host immune response to non-viral gene therapy and adeno-associated viral vectors (AAV) is a key challenge for clinical adoption. The successful candidate will work transversally with members of various research groups including capsid engineering, large molecule research and computational biology teams to develop strategies aimed at minimizing adaptive immune responses to LNP and AAV
Job Title: 2023 Intern – Co-op – AAV Technologies
Location: Waltham, MA
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in immunology, biology, biomedical sciences or allied fields
- Familiarity with standard immunological techniques
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Curiosity and a willingness to work in team environment
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with capsid engineering team to build molecular biology pipelines for novel AAV capsid discovery
- Implementation of multiple state-of-the-art techniques in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Test Sanofi molecules in vivo and ex vivo to determine immune modulation by these molecules with a focus on adaptive immune responses
- Responsible for executing experiments in a time sensitive manner
- Develop and maintain a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment will be vital.
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental results at internal meetings
- Maintain accurate records of experiments and analyses
- Present research findings and progress at project team meetings.
- Work in alignment with manager to plan, design experiments and establish protocols based on published literature and project needs.