Abbott Freshers Microbiologist Vacancy – Candidates Apply Online
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Title: Microbiologist
- United States – California – Sylmar
- United States – California – Los Angeles
Department: Medical and clinical affairs
Eligbility Criteria & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree degree in microbiology/biology or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 0-2 YEARS of regulated industry experience or related work experience (e.g. medical device, pharmaceutical etc.).
- Microbiological laboratory experience required (Experience may be through post-high school courses).
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This MICROBIOLOGIST I position works out of our SYLMAR, CA location in the CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management division.
Microbiologist I performs routine microbiological testing per documented procedures and participate in/execute sterilization-related activities as well as additional tasks as needed to maintain the microbiology laboratory and compliance requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Support the Microbiology Laboratory:
- Inventory management
- Author and execute Equipment qualifications/validations.
- Author and execute Microbiology Lab related studies
- Manage equipment maintenance activities and documentation
- Update existing procedures as needed via electronic documentation management system
- Perform Environmental Monitoring:
- Perform testing of cleanrooms (particle counts, air velocity, pressure differential, microbial count).
- Perform testing of BSC or Laminar Flow Hoods
- Perform testing for ancillary systems (microbial count, Bacterial Endotoxin)
- Participate and execute in sterilization activities: BI reading, PCD preparation, Hermeticity testing, dunnage creation and additional tasks as needed
- Author and execute annual sterilization requalification’s
- Documentation of laboratory procedures:
- Accurate record keeping of lab procedures performed and their results.
- Archiving of lab records.
- Perform Test Procedures:
- Perform particulate testing of devices.
- Perform bioburden estimation of devices, components, and solutions.
- Perform endotoxin testing of devices, components, and solutions.
- Perform validation of product test procedures.
- Review and update annual reports, product assessments, and cleanroom impact assessments.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
Abbott Freshers Microbiologist Vacancy