Biologics Drug Product Development Intern Vacancy @ Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Job Title: Intern
Location: United States – California – Oceanside
United States – California – Foster City
A summer research internship is available in the Biologics Drug Product Development group at the Oceanside, CA, campus of Gilead Sciences. The candidate should be in junior or senior year of the Undergraduate Program with a Major in biology or biochemical/biomedical engineering, or related scientific discipline.
The intern will evaluate and develop in-house platform method(s) for different container closure systems to support formulation and process development activities.
- Document experiments in Electronic lab notebook
- Communicates findings and escalates issues to supervisor
- Participates in department meetings and presents project progress
- Follow good documentation practices
- With supervision, plan and execute laboratory experiments:
- Execute feasibility studies to evaluate method parameters
- Perform analytical assays to evaluate drug product quality attributes like visual inspection, HPLC and sub visible particle analysis etc.
- Perform experiments using different dosage forms and container closure systems
- Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Undergraduate in junior or senior year of the 4-year accredited US university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrate ability to learn new concepts/techniques quickly
- Familiar with biology and biochemistry principles
- Previous hands on lab experience preferred
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September
- Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination* prior to start of internship
- Gilead or Kite Internship Experience
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)