Conagra Bakery Food Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. They have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender’s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke’s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
Job Title: Food Scientist – Bakery
Location: Chicago, Illinois
- BS in Baking Science, Food Science or related field with 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience in Product Development at a food company or in Foodservice
- Exhibit leadership attitudes in approaching technical solutions to business and market issues
- Experience working with external customers
- Knowledge in food product design, baking science, formulation, ingredient functionality and interaction, process design, product scale-up, plant testing and commercialization
- Experience with food industry standard of quality, food safety and FDA
Passionate about cooking and finding solutions in Foodservice
- Work in and around cramped/confined spaces
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodically extended workdays to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Use of tools, equipment, and machinery
- Driving a company or rental vehicle for up to 6 hours as needed
- May travel up to 30% of time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible CAG representative
- Exposure to food tasting and smells including all food allergens
As a Food Scientist, you are an essential contributor to product development and innovation for our Foodservice team. Reporting to the Director, Foodservice Research & Development, you will bring a food-forward and culinary-focused mindset to improve or bring new products to the table for our customers. You will work with customers from the initial product ideation stage all the way through commercialization and restaurant integration. With a curiosity for consumer demand and food trends, you’ll bring your science background to life by creating innovations that are an asset to Conagra’s Foodservice and customer portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our Foodservice customers to develop new products beginning at the concept phase through successful commercialization
- Design and conduct plant trials and new product start-ups
- Create product development schedules that are required to meet project timelines
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Work with pilot plant equipment under guidance
- Use online specification systems
- Design and execute experiments and prepare results for review
- Conceptualize and develop new product prototypes.
- Drive product cutting, plant trials, and testing
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area, including the cleaning of equipment, utensils and work surfaces
Conagra Bakery Food Scientist