Food Safety Quality Chemist @ Cargill – Food Science/Microbiology
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Title: Food Safety Quality Chemist (Multiple Locations)
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Blair, Nebraska | Fort Dodge, Iowa | Eddyville, Iowa | Dayton, Ohio
- Currently pursuing or have recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical science program (i.e. Food Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology or a related technical science degree)
- Graduating between May 2020 and Summer 2023
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to lift between 25-50 pounds and work in an environment where you may have to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Willing and able to relocate as needed
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred out of a 4.0 scale
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and seek process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings
- Strong analytical skills and experience with good laboratory practices
- Experience with email, spreadsheet and word processing applications such as SAP or similar
No matter who you are or where you are, we’ve designed our plans and programs to meet your needs. We want to help you take care of what’s needed for today and offer protection to help with tomorrow’s what-ifs. You’ll have access to a wide variety of flexible and inclusive programs to meet your health, financial, and work/life needs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Short term and long-term incentives
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Retirement plans
- Paid time to participate in volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Relocation benefits for those that qualify
Connect to meaningful work. Feed the world. Achieve your higher purpose.
What if your ideas could nourish the world? As an associate, we transfer your knowledge and skills into profound experiences that positively impact our global community. From food to transportation, your innovative solutions, collaboration, and dedication will evolve industries to take on tomorrow’s greatest challenges. And that’s just the beginning. Because when your skills meet our unrivaled network and breadth of opportunity, your career is without bounds. Join our community to realize the impact of your work, help people around the world and connect with something greater.
Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Associate – Protein/Food Manufacturing
The Food Safety Quality Chemist, will ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. In this role, you will apply basic understanding of plant processes to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, crosschecks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety and training. You will provide technical advice and support to production operations to ensure product quality, minimize process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction and cost minimization and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action and communication with regard to processing data.
- Assess process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems daily, including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Training of new food safety and quality chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff. Other duties as assigned
Food Safety Quality Chemist