Food Science Applications Manager Vacancy @ Coca Cola – Apply
Coca-Cola food science job opening 2022, The ideal candidate is a product development scientist with demonstrated skills in developing and/or reformulating food and beverage products from ideation through commercialization. Must be able to lead a small group of lab-based product developers.
Job Title: Manager, Sweetener Application
Location: Atlanta, GA US
Job ID: R-72582
Job Type: FullTime
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field is required, Master’s degree or Ph.D. is preferred
- 7+ years of successful experience in product development in the beverage industry.
- Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools, and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
- Building Technical Relationships: Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company.
- Ingredients: Knowledge of and experience with key ingredients used in the production of concentrates and beverage bases (e.g., caramel, citric acid, sodium benzoate, phosphoric acid, natural flavors).
- Beverage Manufacturing: Knowledge of and ability to apply carbonated and non-carbonated beverage processing techniques (e.g., proportioning, carbonating, syrup manufacturing, filling). Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility through written reports and verbal presentations with highly technical audiences to build technical relationships that will benefit customers, or the Company is needed.
- Basic Flavor Chemistry: General knowledge of the organic chemistry of essential oils and other flavor compounds relevant to Company products.
- Flavor Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of flavoring materials, the flavor industry and the trade organizations that represent them.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), formula/database type systems, and capable user.
- Basic Organic Chemistry: Knowledge of basic organic structures, reactions, functional groups and properties needed to understand the reactions of organic compounds in Company products. This includes the understanding of moderately complex principles to problem-solve package or ingredient-related issues.
- Endurance: Willingness and ability to occasionally function effectively over extended periods of time. Ability to be flexible and adjust priorities based on business needs.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Development of lab-scale prototypes, producing pilot plans for both beverage-based parts and final products. Prepares beverages and conducts analytical tests on taste and/or odor according to sensory guidelines, including qualifying taste panelists.
- Designs produce, and evaluate/assesses, through lab testing, a product prototype/sample against technical requirements, fit to concept or performance specifications.
- Provides expertise and recommendations of best practices for production of beverage-based parts or finished products during production trials with the plants or bottling partners, which includes consulting line managers as appropriate on milestones and general guidelines, and proactively provides advice inside & outside the R&D community.
- Performs chemical analyses using instrumental methods to determine the composition of samples and prepares samples and sampling plans for ingredients, intermediate or finished products, or other materials to perform analyses.
- Designs develop, conducts, and/or reviews experiments to deliver new products and evaluates ingredient, product, or packaging safety, efficacy, or claims; or evaluates new ingredients, materials, products, or processes.
- Writes detailed & accurate reports for analyses, experiments, or projects. Gathers and organizes information under tight timelines to support senior management’s decision-making.
- Participates in team projects, interdepartmental/divisional committees, or company-wide initiatives to share information, represent the department/division perspective or assist with product development, process modification, package development, and marketing.
- Works on product development projects assigned by the line manager from idea generation to formula finalization through close discussion and alignment with the Technical and Marketing team and all other stakeholders.
- Leverages prior education, suppliers, and literature to innovate within the scope of briefs provided by other technical experts or supervisors.
- Applies food science knowledge of ingredients, packaging, and processing to assure safe and high-quality products.
- Participates in commercialization scale test at manufacturing line with QA and commercialization team if needed.
- Leads project meetings within the category, cross-functionally with marketing, customer management or technical groups. Manages, coaches, and trains students, technicians, or junior developers on specific projects/tasks
Food Science Applications Manager
Coca Cola Food Science