Latest Jobs for PhD Life Science
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is currently seeking a highly motivated and accomplished individual to join their team as a Junior Research Group Leader for a PhD Life Science position. This is an exciting opportunity for early-career researchers to lead their own group and contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of life sciences at a prestigious institution. If you are a dedicated scientist with a passion for advancing cancer research, this position could be the perfect fit for you.
Job Title: Junior Research Leader
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.01.2024
Duration: The position is limited to 5 years. The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 17.11.2023
Requirements: Latest Jobs for PhD Life Science
- Candidates must hold an M.Sc. as well as a Ph.D. degree in pathology, immunology, molecular biology, or related fields, preferentially with postdoctoral experience, and have a publication record that is internationally competitive for their stage of the career.
- The successful candidate is expected to acquire competitive national or international third-party research funding.
- Applications of medical scientists as well as clinician-scientists are welcome.
- To apply, please submit a CV, a list of publications, two letters of recommendation, and a research synopsis that both summarizes current/past research accomplishments and outlines your future research plans via our online application portal.
Job description: Latest Jobs for PhD Life Science
- For the DKTK partner site Essen / Düsseldorf, we are seeking a junior research group leader with a background in cancer biology and related fields (e.g. pathology, immunology).
- The research field should focus on the analysis of spatial and longitudinal heterogeneity of gastrointestinal tumor ecosystems, preferably pancreaticobiliary cancers, at single-cell resolution.
- Experience in developing and/or employing comprehensive tumor models to address complex tumor-host interactions is expected.
- Expertise in the integration of multi-omics datasets (e.g. RNA/DNA sequencing datasets with tissue imaging data) with phenotypic endpoints (tumor differentiation, therapy response patterns, etc.) is warranted.
- Specific experience in leveraging state-of-the-art imaging approaches (e.g. ultrahigh multiplex imaging, spatial transcriptomics) is welcome which may also enhance reverse translation approaches.
- The research field should also match the profile of the DKTK partner site Essen / Düsseldorf, with a particular focus on three interconnected main research topics:
i) plasticity of cellular phenotypes.
ii) immune regulation in the tumor microenvironment – contributing to both tumor heterogeneity and therapy resistance.
iii) preclinical drug discovery for clinical application.
Thus, mechanistic and patient-centered research to inform and conceptualize proof-of-concept clinical trials and perform accompanying translational research including reverse translational approaches is strongly encouraged.
- Competitive applicants should have an exceptional track record of accomplishment, with evident future potential and commitment to translational cancer research.
- The group is thought to be situated in a preclinical-translational area and expected to cooperate with clinician-scientists and/or companies focusing on clinical trial development and reverse translation.
- The DKFZ and the DKTK partner site Essen / Düsseldorf provide access to state-of-the-art core facilities. Translational research activities are supported by access to well-characterized patient cohorts, high-quality tumor tissue banks, and excellent clinical research facilities.
- The DKTK junior research group leader will be employed at the DKFZ Heidelberg and located with the research group at the Medical Faculty of the University of Duisburg-Essen at the University Hospital Essen.
- The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ.
- Contact: Prof. Dr. Jens Siveke, Phone: +49 201/723-4580
- Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.