Medical Writing Internship For Biology at Gilead, Apply Online
Medical Writing Internship For Biology at Gilead, Apply Online. Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Medical Writing Internship. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Intern– Medical Writing
Location: United States – California – Foster City
Req ID: R0025022
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Intern, Medical Writing
As a Gilead Intern, you will contribute to high-impact meaningful projects that will not only further advance our company’s mission but will allow you to gain real world experience at one of the most innovative organizations in the world. You will also have opportunities to participate in special events including professional development and leadership presentations, social/network building activities and local community volunteer programs.
We have an exciting opportunity for an intern to join our dynamic team in Medical Writing. In preparing a range of scientific/regulatory documents, you will become familiar with document authoring processes and tools; will deepen your understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulations and guidance; and will help to deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases around the world.
You will help improve document standards, templates, and processes within Medical Writing. You will develop project management skills, including document timelines and planning, and will learn about the roles and responsibilities of other departments.
You will work collaboratively within cross-departmental teams (e.g., Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Global Patient Safety, and Biometrics) to prepare high quality documents in support of global regulatory submissions. You may author the following documents
- Brochures to describe the profile of a drug for clinical study investigators
- Protocols for clinical studies in tandem with other writers
- Reports for clinical studies early in drug development (Phase 1 or 2 studies)
- Reports for registrational studies (Phase 3 studies) in tandem with other writers
- Results summaries from multiple studies for marketing applications
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited US-based university or college who successfully completed the PhD comprehensive or qualifying exam
- Pursuing a degree in Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmacy or a related field
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements/guidelines for pharmaceuticals
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (particularly MS Word)
- Experience interpreting and presenting complex data in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
- Must be able to work at our Foster City site for the duration of the internship
- Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination* prior to the start of the internship
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external clients
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)