Thermo Fisher Scientific Technician Vacancy – Microbiology Apply
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Location Plainville, Massachusetts, US
Job ID: 183715BR
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology, engineering or microbiology, or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training and other relevant work experience accepted.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 4 years of experience with previous experience in Quality Assurance or Quality control or Operations/Manufacturing or other pharmaceutical experience in regulated environments preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to collect data, analyze & troubleshoot process issues, equipment problems along with production leadership
- Ability to troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Self-motivated, proven ownership & responsibility.
- Ability to support team/peers
- Technical Writing experience preferred
- Primary responsibilities require consistent production floor presence which necessitates physical fitness for prolonged standing, walking, and repetitive bending, and aseptic and non-aseptic gowning.
How will you make an impact?
As the QA operations technician, this position will support quality execution across the operations including manufacturing, filling, packaging and inspection, and associated non-batch-specific activities in for the Plainville manufacturing facility. Additionally, quality will provide guidance and expertise for the implementation of practical process improvements and continuous improvement initiatives.
What will you do?
- Perform daily quality assessments of the facility, personnel, and documentation in both classified and non-classified areas to uncover errors or deficiencies and assure quality and compliance as the need arises by site procedures and cGMPs.
- Daily interaction with employees to assist with troubleshooting, documentation corrections/notes, and guidance.
- Develops quality environment by aiding personnel in understanding application of policies and controls.
- Participates in the rapid response of adverse events, provides quality guidance for deviation events, and proliferate deviations.
- Performs quality review and approval of procedures, training documents, deviations, CAPAs, and change control and forms minor to major impact.
- Participates as the quality assurance representative in Root Cause Analysis to support deviation investigations of moderate to high complexity.
- Performs quality batch record and documentation review.
Aids in identification of continuous improvement opportunities; Participates in practical process improvement initiatives.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Technician