Lonza BioAssay Scientist Post – Biological Science Candidates Apply
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Scientist, Bioassays Level 1 performs analytical support, assay development and optimization, and assay qualification. This position is also responsible for writing Method Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Forms. Responsible for writing protocols and reports for Assay Qualification and Assay Validation. The scientist will also oversee training of Quality Control (QC) Analysts on new assays and transferring these assays to Quality Control. Interacts with clients in meetings specifically about Assay Tech Transfer, Qualification, and Validation.
Job Title: Scientist, BioAssay Services
Location: US – Houston, TX
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences with entry-level years of experience.
- Prior experience with analytical methods such as ELISA, real-time PCR, cell-based infectious titer, potency assays, and other general cell-based assays.
- Excellent scientific writing skills.
- Seeks to build upon a solid understanding of cGMP principles and assay qualification principles.
- Solid knowledge of analytical method validation principles and applications.
- Understanding of basic laboratory equipment and aseptic technique.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Writes Assay Qualification Protocols and Reports according to Lonza standards and SOPs.
- Writes Assay Validation Protocols and Reports according to Lonza standards and SOPs.
- Responsible for performing Assay Development and Optimization and evaluating methods received from the client for equipment and materials gaps prior to starting transfer activities.
- Performs assays in support of Development process work.
- Writes Method SOPs and Forms. Reports test results, maintains raw data, and accurate laboratory records in accordance with applicable SOPs.
- Interacts with clients in Joint Project Team meetings regarding method development, optimization, qualification, validation, and technical challenges.
- Trains QC Analysts on new methods during Assay Tech Transfer activities. Also interacts with QC on equipment platform alignment and assay qualification/validation strategies.
- Serve as SME on specific assays. May serve in consultation role on difficult Laboratory Investigations in QC as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lonza BioAssay Scientist Post