Pepsico Food Safety Supply Chain Leader Vacancy – Apply Online
As part of the Quality and Food safety organization, the Food Safety Supply Chain Leader is responsible for managing the Food Safety salaried and hourly team. They will provide leadership and technical support in the area of Food Safety with an emphasis on product safety and regulatory compliance. Responsible for the development, implementation and sustainable performance of the Food Safety Programs and is a cross-functional partner to the plant operations teams. Individuals must possess strong leadership and people skills along with team-building capabilities.
Job Title: Supply Chain Leader – Food Safety
Locations: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Function: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Job Id: 258415BR
- Bachelor’s Degree: Preferably in food science, engineering, operations management, or a similar field
- Two to three years of experience in the Food/Beverage Industry preferred
- PCQI Certification preferred
- Strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically, written, oral, presentation, listening, and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead team members, facilitate change, foster innovation, results, and manage
- Ability to effectively challenge status quo and provide open and constructive feedback to all levels of the organization- Ability to handle the “tough” conversations.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and plant personnel
- The driver of Global Food Safety programs, including but not limited to FSMA compliance (including preventive control documentation), Self- Inspections, Corrective Actions (CAPA), Internal Audits, GMP’s, and Hygienic Zoning
- Develop, implement, and sustain effective Food Safety Programs such as the Food Safety Plan, Document Control, and Food Safety Incident Management. This will include tracking of completion, execution of corrective actions, and proper documentation and record-keeping in compliance with regulatory and global PepsiCo standards.
- Develop, implement, and sustain all Preventive Controls including training, verification and corrective action documentation.
- Provide Food Safety training, to encompass all Food Safety topics, such as allergens, FSMA compliance, and HACCP. Deliver training at both the hourly and salaried levels.
- Oversee, coach and manage site employees in food safety practices and programs. Manage overall PepsiCo internal programs and team’s execution to comply with PepsiCo global standards, such as QAS.
- Serve as a mentor/resource to other members of management as well as the operators within the department, setting expectations and delivering feedback
- Lead regular external (FDA, State Agencies, AIB, GFSI, etc.), and internal food safety audits (QAS). Implement corrective actions to drive sustainable performance.
- Must demonstrate the ability to facilitate food safety project work with minimal coaching. This will assure successful project implementation and completions within the parameters set forth.
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Identify and lead efforts of best practices and cost management opportunities to achieve productivity gains. Support the management of site food safety and sanitation facility infrastructure expense and capital plans with site maintenance and headquarters engineering teams.
Pepsico Food Safety Supply