Pfizer Biology Process Engineer Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and the potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Job Title: Process Engineer/Scientist III
Location: United States – Massachusetts – Andover
- BS in chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry, or related science or engineering field is required
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience with an engineering degree or, MS +2 yrs
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience with a science degree or MS +4 yrs
- Familiarity and experience with the following unit operations are essential: mammalian cell culture, centrifugation, tangential flow filtration, and/or column chromatography.
- Previous experience with the scale-up of these unit operations is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with the above unit operations at a manufacturing scale is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Previous experience with process validation, change management, and tech transfer is desirable.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Method 1, 5S, and/or other operational excellence programs a plus.
Work will include walking throughout the manufacturing suite including up and downstairs.
Perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
Ability to don cleanroom gowning
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This position is M-F 830-500PM
- May require off-shift support
- This role may use a hybrid working remote model where you may be split between working from home and on-site
- The role requires work/oversight in a GMP manufacturing suite which requires gowning
Relocation support available
How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the completion of projects and manage own time to meet agreed targets.
- Understand the fundamental business drivers for Pfizer and make decisions within the organization’s guidelines and policies.
- Execute relevant process activities by following established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Serve as technical support within your assigned group, collaborating with outside groups as needed.
- Serve as the operations point of contact for campaign start-up with roles in technology transfer, site assessment, generation of cGMP documentation, area preparation, process execution, and summary reporting.
- Coordinate area clearance and product changeover within the manufacturing process.
- Help in-process monitoring including real-time review of process parameters and process data/trend analysis.
- Communicate process performance across shifts and departments.
- Implement process enhancements and measures, and assist with the implementation of new technologies.
- Support procurement and validation of new equipment and technologies.
- Provide support during audits and with audit observation closure.
- Conduct skills training and provide subject matter expertise for training materials.
- May initiate and lead investigations in support of the manufacturing operation
What You Will Achieve
- As a member of the Pfizer Drug Substance and Active Biological Ingredients (ABI) team, you will work with others to be accountable for activities involved in the production of many of Pfizer’s products. Due to your expertise in the manufacturing technology transfer domain, you will may lead in equipment qualifications, clinical and process validation campaigns and training of operational qualifications and assist the Technology Transfer team members as needed in accordance with continuous improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, and other Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP. You will conduct all activities in accordance with Company policies and standard operating procedures, Pfizer Values, and global regulatory guidelines, environmental guidelines etc.
- As a Senior Associate, your knowledge and skills will contribute to the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing important deliverables on time. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will make it easy to manage difficult issues and help in establishing consensus between teams.
- It is your dedication and hard work that will make it possible for Pfizer’s customers and patients to receive the medicines they need when they need them.
Pfizer Biology Process Engineer